On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 15:41:09 +0200, Peter-Paul Koch <pp.k...@gmail.com> wrote:

More in general, exactly where is the firing of common events such as click, mousedown and keyup defined? I can't find them in the HTML5 spec
(or did I overlook them?), and the DOM3 Events spec is rather old and
has little to do with reality.

The DOM 3 Events spec is being revised now. Discussion takes place on the www-dom list...

If they're currently undefined and you ask nicely, I might even create a
first overview of their firing in current browsers; an overview that could lead to a proper specification. I've got most of the relevant data already in my head.

Perhaps you would like to send that to www-...@w3.org as a change proposal to the DOM 3 Events spec...

cheers

Chaals