On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 4:48 PM, Anne van Kesteren<ann...@opera.com> wrote:
> "The rule for extracting file data from a file entry is described in this
> section." This begs the question what a section is in this specification. It
> seems that the next paragraph defines this algorithm rather, not the whole
> section. Hopefully this becomes more clear when you restructure it to have
> useful sections.

I've added section numbers to all <h4>s. Hopefully that makes it more
clear that those are sections and not paragraphs, wdyt?

> "Exactly how to extract a file from a Zip archive is beyond the scope of this
> specification. Instead, implementers must follow the [ZIP] specification's
> instructions on how to extract a file from the Zip archive." I suggest to
> drop the first sentence as the next sentence makes it in scope (although the
> specification defers to another specification for the actual algorithm).

Editorial: Dropped the sentence.

> "It is optional for a user agent to extract all the files in a Zip archive at
> the same time. The user agent may extract specific files as they are needed
> for processing." I think this should be an informative note instead as you
> cannot test this assertion so it is irrelevant.

Editorial: Agreed, this is untestable. Changed to a note.

> "As a security precaution, implementations are discouraged from extracting
> file entries from un-trusted widgets directly onto the file system. Instead,
> implementations should consider a virtual file system or mapping to access
> files inside" Please do not use RFC 2119 terminology in non-normative text.

I have checked all sections marked as non-normative and made sure I
removed 2119 terminology.

> I also think it is bad form to put security precautions in a note.

I understand, but making the security precaution normative would also
result in a non-testable assertion. Do you have a better suggestion as
to what I should do here or should I leave it as is (that is, leave it
as a note)?

--
Marcos Caceres
http://datadriven.com.au