From: ext Francois Daoust <f...@w3.org>
Date: October 6, 2009 11:54:08 AM EDT
To: "Barstow Art (Nokia-CIC/Boston)" <art.bars...@nokia.com>, Charles McCathieNevile <cha...@opera.com>, Robin Berjon <ro...@robineko.com>, "Hirsch Frederick (Nokia-CIC/Boston)" <frederick.hir...@nokia.com>, Paul Cotton <paul.cot...@microsoft.com>, Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>, Maciej Stachowiak <m...@apple.com>, Erik Dahlstrom <e...@opera.com>, Cameron McCormack <c...@mcc.id.au>, Janina Sajka <jan...@rednote.net>, Addison Phillips <addi...@amazon.com>, Judy Brewer <jbre...@w3.org>, Daniel Glazman <daniel.glaz...@disruptive- innovations.com>, Peter Linss <peter.li...@hp.com>
Cc: "cha...@w3.org" <cha...@w3.org>
Subject: Mobile Web Application Best Practices: Last Call Working Draft

Hello WebApps WG, Device APIs and Policy WG, HTML WG, SVG WG, WAI
Coordination Group, I18n Core WG, CSS WG Chairs,

This is a transition announcement for the Last Call Working Draft of the
Mobile Web Application Best Practices, published today at:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-mwabp-20091006/

This document was developed by the W3C Mobile Web Best Practices Working
Group in accordance with its charter [1]. It specifies Best Practices
for the development and delivery of Web applications on mobile devices.
Record of the Working Group's decision to publish the specification as
Last Call may be found at [2]. Status ref. patent policy is available at
[3].

The Last Call review period extends until 6 November 2009, and we would
be grateful if your group could review the document once more, in
particular:
  * for the WebApps, Device APIs and HTML WG, because of the focus of
the document and the possible overlap with on-going works on widgets and
APIs.
* for the HTML Working Group, because the document references HTML5 in
several places e.g. to recommend the use of Canvas.
  * for the SVG WG, for the specific best practices on Canvas and SVG.
  * for the WAI Coordination Group to ensure compatibility with
guidelines and techniques produced by WAI WGs (the document references
WAI-ARIA in particular).
* for the I18n Core WG as the document references the Character Model
for the World Wide Web 1.0 standard.
  * for the CSS WG for the section on the use of media types and media
queries.

If your group wants to submit a review but is unable to provide it in
that timeframe, please let us know so that we can determine a possible
extension of the review period.

Thanks,
Francois Daoust,
Staff Contact of the Mobile Web Best Practices Working Group

[1] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/MWBP-WG-charter.html#deliverables
[2] http://www.w3.org/2009/09/29-bpwg-minutes#item02
[3] http://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/37584/status