FYI, Thomas is organizing a bar-BOF during TPAC meeting week re Web security.

See below for more information including a Doodle registration poll.

-R, Art Barstow

Begin forwarded message:

From: ext Thomas Roessler <t...@w3.org>
Date: October 20, 2009 1:32:07 PM EDT
Folks,

as a quick reminder: If you're interested in joining a Web security
bar BOF during the week of 2 November, please indicate your
availability on this Doodle by close of business this Friday (23
October 2009):
    http://doodle.com/ev7m8nvww3dw42k6

See below for additional details.

Thanks,
--
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <t...@w3.org>

Thomas Roessler wrote:

Folks,

with the W3C technical plenary in Santa Clara coming up from 2-6
November, it looks like a good opportunity to catch up on some of
the loose ends (in particular the security-related ones) from the
HTML5 meeting that was held near the SF IETF this March. [1]  (The
IETF meets the week after in Hiroshima.)

I'd be interested in helping to pull together an informal get-
together (perhaps over or right before dinner or drinks) to talk
about what specs are in various pipelines and perhaps in need of a
home for formal standardization, and more generally how to
coordinate relevant work between the W3C and IETF communities.

Topics that come to mind include:

- Paypal's Strict Transport Security spec
- what's going on with CORS?
- what's going on with Origin?
- what about the content security policy work?

... and I'm sure I'm missing a few more pieces form this list.

Here's a Wiki page:
 http://esw.w3.org/topic/TPAC_Security_BOF

Here's a Doodle to figure out a time slot:
 http://doodle.com/ev7m8nvww3dw42k6

Thoughts?
--
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <t...@w3.org>