On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 06:45:17 +0100, SULLIVAN, BRYAN L (ATTCINW) <bs3...@att.com> wrote:

Hi Charles,
I have an agenda item for the AOB section or wherever it can fit. I will be spending most of the time with DAP and part with Webapps (Widgets), but will try to balance the agendas to be in the APIs meeting as much as possible.

The basic question I have is what is the relationship of the following specs to the HTML5 "package" (being normatively referenced by HTML5). Is it expected that they will reach LCWD stage along with HTML5?

Thisis effectively in a "future plans" session (the final session of the meeting). But it is expected that most of them will reach last call quite soon - for a couple of them the editor already thinks they are ready (but we will put it to the group first...).

- Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS)
- Server-Sent Events
- Web Sockets
- Web Workers

The database (or offline storeage or whatever you want to call it) specs will be discussed as a block in the existing agenda.

These are not normatively referenced by HTML5:
- Web Database
- WebSimpleDB API

There does not seem to be a lot of discussion on some of these specs, although there are periodic updates. Is there expected to be a period of more active group discussion prior to LCWD for those that have been moving along more quietly?

Presumably. There will in any case be a call for consensus before that happens - which is a trigger to start discussion if you think it is warranted. (I can't force the group to discuss things - that's up to the individual members of the group).

cheers

Chaals