On 11/26/09 11:52 AM, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
And I don't see any problem with using public development builds.

The main problem I have with them is that they have typically not gone through the sort of full QA cycle that would point out possible problems in the implementation of the "bad interaction with other specs or deployed content" kind. One would hope that such issues were caught during spec writing, but I think this is an important sanity-check.

Of course in this view not all implementations are equal (e.g. a walled-garden implementation wouldn't have the same compatibility constraints as web-facing one)... Not sure that others see this requirement in the same light as I do.

-Boris