On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 19:54:44 +0100, Drew Wilson <atwil...@google.com> wrote:
Following up on breaking out createHTMLNotification() and
createNotification() vs combining them into one large API - I believe the
intent is that a given user agent may not support all types of notifications
(for example, a mobile phone application may only support text + icon
notifications, not HTML notifications). Having these APIs broken out
separately allows the UA to communicate whether it supports one or the other
to the web app (a UA that does not support HTML notifications would leave
createHTMLNotification() undefined).

If that is the idea createHTMLNotification() should be on a separate supplemental interface that user agents on platforms that support HTML notifications can implement to make it clear it might not be available and that is somewhat separate. (Not sure whether I agree we need HTML notifications though, especially for v1.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/