On Mon, 08 Feb 2010 18:01:18 +0100, Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de> wrote:
Is re-binding == spoofing? Does <http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc2616.html#rfc.section.15.3> help, or does nit need to be updated (Thomas; HTTPbis will gladly accept your input ;-).

As far as I can tell DNS rebinding is possible because clients observe TTL and can be prevented by servers carefully checking the Host header. The solutions clients can employ have potential drawbacks:

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNS_rebinding

I.e. it seems to be something different.

HTML5 defines when two origins are the same, but it's remarkably silent about the so-called "same-origin policy". The information may be there, but it#s not obvious where it is.

I think you are right in that it does not actually explain what it is. You filed a bug on the matter so hopefully it gets resolved in due course.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/