Hi, Folks-

Per the telcon today, I have explicitly added a "Widget Embedding" deliverable to the charter [1] to allow widgets to be referenced from other web content, much as a '.swf' or '.flv' file is referenced in <html:object>. This is a small but vital aspect of widgets that should round out the deliverables, and I've been given to understand that these deliverables will all be completed in the next charter period.

(As a side note, this is actually something the SVG WG has gotten quite a few requests for, especially as more Flash developers are looking to HTML5 and SVG for analogs to Flash functionality. Maybe Adobe and Microsoft could even consider this as a new way to package and deliver their embedded content.)

I've also revised the Web Messaging description, again per the telcon, to include resource discovery; the use case described was, for example, having several YouTube video tabs open, and finding them all to give the currently focused one dominance and pause the others. Along with normal use of XHR, this should also satisfy Scott's request for inter-widget communication in both the single-user and multi-user cases.

With these additions, and having integrated the feedback from the discussions on member-webapps and public-webapps, I would like to move ahead with W3M review, so we can get this in front of the Advisory Committee for further consideration.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2010/webapps/charter/Overview.html

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs