On 8/10/10 9:03 AM, gaut...@opera.com wrote:
Quoting "SULLIVAN, BRYAN L (ATTCINW)" <bs3...@att.com>:

Marcos,
You're saying if I understand you, that if I create an anchor:

That when the user clicks this link it will launch the browser,
instead of retrieving the online version of my widget (or at least of
this page of it)? This would in essence prevent the use of anchors
anywhere in widgets, where the developer's intent was to have the web
runtime retrieve and present the content directly, within the widget's
context. For example, if I want to use an iframe to pull in some
external content and then allow the user to navigate the content
within the iframe - in your proposal the first link they hit in the
iframe would take them out of the widget and into the browser. Not the
desired experience IMO.

Or do I misunderstand your proposal?

Hi Bryan, inline content (iframe, img, etc.) inclusion is not affected by the proposal. It's perfectly fine to have the following...

Opens in new window:

Relative link, open in widget context:

Embeds in page, if allowed by WARP:
<iframe src="http://foo.com";></iframe>

I think the proposal is missing explicit meaning for target=_self and
_blank
(something I'm sure Marcos has considered, maybe just not clarified.)

If the linked location is inside the widget package, or
sms:/tel:/similar protocols that don't need a browsing context, I would
expect:
- it to load in target=_self (ie. the widget)

Right. This is/would-be defined in HTML5.

If the linked location is outside the widget package, I would expect:
- it to load in target=_blank (ie. the browser)

As above.

If a specific rule must be followed, the developer must add target=_self
or _blank depending on where the resource must be opened, for example.
- target=_self could be explicitly used.

Marcos, please correct me if I'm reading too much into your proposal.

You are reading it just fine; But your clarifications are outside the scope of the Widget Interface spec.

--
Marcos Caceres
Opera Software