Hi Eric,
(re-sending from the correct address)

I've been re-reading the spec and started wondering if we really want to
have a new interface / javascript object for Flags.
The Flags interface is used to specify two behavioral options (CREATE and
EXCLUSIVE) for DirectoryEntry.getFile and getDirectory and defined as
following:

4.2. The Flags Interface
http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/file-system/file-dir-sys.html#the-flags-interface

;

;

> };

> (by the way I assumed you meant Flags but not Metadata.)

As the example code shows (4.2.2 Examples), each Flags object will likely be
used as a 'one-time' object just to specify the behavior per each
getFile/getDirectory.  If that's the case, isn't it simpler/easier to use a
bitfield and use single unsigned int parameter for the flags [proposal 1]?
 Or if  we're not going to  add more options it might be also good to simply
use two separate boolean parameters [proposal 2].

[Proposal 1]

> interface DirectoryEntry {

>      const unsigned short CREATE = 0x01;

>      const unsigned short EXCLUSIVE = 0x02;
     void  getFile(in DOMString path, optional unsigned short options, ...);

>      void getDirectory(in DOMString path, optional unsigned short options,
...);

> };

[Proposal 2]

> interface DirectoryEntry {

>      void  getFile(in DOMString path, bool create, bool exclusive, ...);

>      void getDirectory(in DOMString path, bool create, bool exclusive,
...);

> };

What do you think?

Thanks,