Hello Marcos

 Thank You, I am okay with the changes.

rgds
viji

On Tuesday 02 November 2010 08:20 PM, Marcos Caceres wrote:
On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 9:36 AM, viji<v...@borqs.com>  wrote:
Hello Marcos

   The changes for "Email attribute" and "Rule for Getting Text Content with
Normalized White Space" seem fine.

Good to hear!

  I have a comment on usage of Global attributes for Icon, Feature, Content
and Param elements.

  For all these elements dir attribute does not make sense. The text you
added contains the line " What effect specifying a global attribute has on
an elements is determined by Step 7 of this specification."

  In step 7, the reference is given to Rule for Getting Text Content or rule
for getting a single attribute value  etc. Does this clarify as to whether
dir attribute is applicable or not for the elements like Icon, Feature,
Content and Param elements.

Yes, these rules hopefully make it clear how and when dir and xml:lang
are taken into consideration. You will notice that the rule for
parsing a non-negative number does not take dir or xml:lang into
account:

http://www.w3.org/TR/widgets/#rule-for-parsing-a-non-negative-integer

While the Rule for Getting Text Content always returns a localizable string:
http://www.w3.org/TR/widgets/#rule-for-getting-text-content0

Please do take a look and see if the rules make sense.

The reason we leave the global attributes there is for
forward/backwards compatibility in case we want to add human readable
text in the future. Consider this hypothetical example:

<feature name="some:feature" dir="ltr">
    <otherns:role xml:lang="en">This feature is needed to do something
useful</otherns:role>
</feature>