On 11/9/2010 12:35 AM, Jonas Sicking wrote:
One thing we could do is to move

.source
.transaction
.result
.error

to IDBRequest. Then make "success" and "error" events be simple events
which only implement the Event interface. I.e. we could get rid of the
IDBEvent, IDBSuccessEvent, IDBTransactionEvent and IDBErrorEvent
interfaces.

We'd still have to keep IDBVersionChangeEvent, but it can inherit
Event directly.

The request created from IDBFactory.open would return a IDBRequest
where .transaction and .source is null. We already fire a IDBEvent
where .source is null (actually, the spec currently doesn't define
what the source should be I see now).
This seems fine to me.

db.transaction(["foo"]).objectStore("foo").get(mykey).onsuccess = function(e) {
   alert(e.result);
}

would turn into the slightly more verbose

db.transaction(["foo"]).objectStore("foo").get(mykey).onsuccess = function(e) {
   alert(e.target.result);
}
The only difference is e.result vs e.target.result, right? I'm not sure we should worry about that little bit (and consumers can always use a local variable for that if it bothers them).

Cheers,

Shawn