On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 22:06:59 +0100, Arun Ranganathan <aranganat...@mozilla.com> wrote:
If we're going to keep both functions around, then it's honestly not *that much* of an improvement to move them from window* to document*, is it?

Polluting the global object less is always a win.

In this case, since we're going to add something to HTMLImageElement, why not leave createObjectURL and revokeObject URL well alone as part of window*?

These seem like separate issues.

So it looks like we'll add a [Supplemental] to interfaces like HTMLImageElement allowing them to take a "src" object, and we can then define *that* src object to accomodate Stream and Blob use case scenarios. I'm amenable to first introducing that extension to HTMLImageElement in File API if everyone else is :)

It is probably better to do this directly in HTML5.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/