On Nov/29/2010 9:59 AM, ext Adrian Bateman wrote:
On Wednesday, November 24, 2010 3:01 AM, Jeremy Orlow wrote:
For over a year now, the WebStorage spec has stipulated that
Local/SessionStorage store and retrieve objects per the structured clone
algorithm rather than strings.  And yet there isn't a single implementation
who's implemented this.  I've talked to people in the know from several of
the other major browsers and, although no one is super against implementing
it (including us), no one has it on any of their (even internal)
roadmaps.  It's just not a high enough priority for anyone at the moment.
I feel pretty strongly that we should _at least_ put in some non-normative
note that no browser vendor is currently planning on implementing this
feature.  Or, better yet, just remove it from the spec until support starts
emerging.
I agree. We have no plans to support this in the near future either. At the
very least, I think this should be noted as a "feature at risk" in the Call
for Implementations [1].
I don't have a strong preference for removing this feature or marking it as a Feature At Risk when the Candidate is published.

It would be good to get feedback from other implementers (Maciej?, Jonas?, Anne?). If no one plans to implement it, perhaps it should just be removed.

-Art Barstow