On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 2:31 PM, Arun Ranganathan <a...@mozilla.com> wrote:
> I've bolstered the lifetime conformance language with this:
> http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/FileAPI/#lifeTime
>
> The only nagging doubt I have about this proposal is that the creation and
> revocation methods (static) are on window.URL, but the actual Blob object
> has an affiliated document, which upon cleanup flushes the URLs affiliated
> with it.

Related to object URL expiration, is there a mechanism to clone an
object URL?  In particular, I'm thinking of what happens if you pass
an object URL to a Web Worker thread or another window in the same
origin: it may want to be able to use that URL without it expiring due
to the original window going away.

I suppose this would simply mean dereferencing the object URL back to
a Blob (or File, or whatever its original Blob subclass was) in the
new context, and then if needed creating a new object URL from
it--though there doesn't seem to be a way to get a Blob back from an
object URL yet.

--
Glenn Maynard