Lachlan Hunt:
> > OK. Then I'm not sure what the practical difference between the
> > Element[] or sequence<Element> would be then, nor which one to use.

Boris Zbarsky:
> I'm not either.  That's why Cameron is cced.

If you are choosing between those two for the type of an argument,
 and you don’t have any way of getting an actual array host object
 Element[] (so will be passing in a native Array, or a NodeList, or…),
 and hence the method cannot cause a reference to a passed-in Element[]
 object to be kept,
then the only difference is that with Element[] you can distinguish
between null and an array of length 1, while with sequence<Element> you
can’t.

> >While i < n:
> >
> >Let x be the result of calling [[Get]] on V with property name ToString(i).
> >Set Ei to be the result of converting x to an IDL value of type T.
>
> This step can throw (as part of the conversion process defined for
> converting to type T); seems like that would involve throwing from
> the whole algorithm.

Yep.

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/