Hi Marcos,

On Apr/25/2011 11:53 AM, ext Marcos Caceres wrote:
I've been reviewing and trying to implement the widgets dig sig spec and I'm
finding that there is a lot of redundancies and inconsistencies with the way it
is written. Although the conformance requirements are fairly clear, the main
problem is that the spec is a bit confused when it comes to algorithms and
processing. It also states things that really should just be deferred to XML
Dig Sig 1.1. If it's ok with everyone, I want to have a go at rewriting it with
the goal of making it simpler to implement.

Unless there are some relatively major bugs in the spec that are affecting interoperability, then I wouldn't recommend doing that. There are real costs for this proposal: for implementors and developers to review new WDs, external groups to consider (e.g. XML Security WG, WAC) as well as the WG's overhead of processing new publication requests.

If folks have resources to spare on the Widgets specs, it seems like the higher priority would be to complete work already started.

-Art Barstow