Le 19 mai 2011 à 02:11, João Eiras a écrit :

> getData and setData must work outside clipboard events, like when clicking
> paste/copy/cut buttons on a toolbar. The clipboardData object needs to be
> exposed on the window, like in IE.

I fully disagree here.
This is exactly what has made the CnP API of MSIE a plague with a very bad
press coverage.

getData and setData can only be used within the event processing which must be
triggered by the user-agent at a user-recognizable invocation of the copy/cut
or paste command.

That some browsers allow differently for "trusted sites" is ok to me but should
not be an essential focus of this spec I find.

> To handle the getData case, I've thought of adding a proxy clipboard per
> browsing context. Read operations read from the proxy clipboard, write
> operations write to the proxy and system clipboards. User initiated actions
> like dropping, or pasting would update the proxy clipboard with the system
> clipboard contents, prior to the event being dispatched on the webpage.

I *think* that is a good strategy.

paul