On 7/11/2011 10:12 AM, Adrian Bateman wrote:
On 11 July 2011 10:02, Jonas Sicking wrote:
Additionally, what is the use case of being able to set the filename
during a FormData submission? My perception was that the main use case
was to not get an empty filename as many serverside implementations of
multipart/form-data did not deal well with that. I so far have not
heard a reason to believe that having the ability to specify a precise
filename is a common use case, so it seems unnecessary to add syntax
sugar for that.
Some content management systems use the original filename by default when
storing files in document libraries. It's certainly a lesser use case but seems
like a relatively trivial change to the API. I don't see it as sugar, since
it's not possible to achieve this on the client in any other way.

Adrian.
The work around is a lot of work: using ArrayBuffer with XHR allows arbitrary POSTS,
and so a multipart submissions can be built up from that.

That's what we've had to do in the meantime.

-Charles