On Tue, 2011-08-16 at 23:59 +0200, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Thu, 04 Aug 2011 17:47:53 +0200, Philippe Le Hegaret <p...@w3.org> wrote:
> > Several documents in the WebApps Working Group are linking to HTML, more
> > specifically to the WHATWG HTML specification. An example of those is
> > Progress Events. This is done for no reason than political as far as I
> > can tell.
>
> They used to link to both, but that changed because I changed publishing
> tools.
>
> Now you want us to link solely to the W3C version I thought of a problem.
> The dependency chain for WHATWG HTML becomes WHATWG HTML -> XMLHttpRequest
> -> W3C HTML. That makes little sense I think.
>
> Can we change it back to linking to both the W3C and WHATWG version?

But, the WHATWG HTML links to the editor's drafts and does not link to
the TR one. While documents on the REC-track should link to other
documents on the REC tracks, this doesn't apply to editor's draft, which
have no special status anyway. So, you can link to both versions in the
editor's draft if you prefer.

Philippe