On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 11:30 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbar...@mit.edu> wrote:
> On 9/28/11 2:24 PM, Dimitri Glazkov wrote:
>>
>> Can you help me understand what the issues with fallback are?
>
> Sure.  If I want to attach a component to a <table> and to do that I have to
> write:
>
>  <x-my-table>
>  <x-my-table>
>
> and somewhere before that point register that x-my-table should be treated
> as a table, then the whole thing falls apart in a UA that doesn't understand
> that registration.
>
> That is, this approach works if components are only used for situations that
> absolutely cannot work without the component available, as far as I can
> tell.

Ah, I understand! It's the same issue that you and Roland were
articulating in the other thread.

So, this is really a parsing issue, right? We have some invariants
about parsing context validity for a (small, but angry) subset of HTML
tags.

Hixie, is this the same problem you were mentioned as "doesn't have
fallback behavior"?

:DG<