On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 14:29:32 +0200, Henri Sivonen <hsivo...@iki.fi> wrote:
On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 3:04 PM, Anne van Kesteren <ann...@opera.com> wrote:
I do not see why "text" and "moz-chunked-text" have to be the same. Surely we do not want XML encoding detection to kick in for chunks.

Does "text" and default need to be the same for responseText for
text/html and XML types? It seems annoying to have to run the <meta>
prescan or to run the XML declaration detection without running a full
parse in the "text" mode.

Unless we disable responseText and responseXML when responseType is not the empty string I am not sure that makes sense.

Having deterministic decoding and waiting for 1024 bytes if the MIME type is
text/html seems reasonable.

Seems reasonable for the modes that have a non-null responseXML for text/html.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/