var b = new Blob([foo, bar], { contentType: "text/plain" });

This is really nice looking and feeling. Options objects are definitely a win

/rw

On Oct 26, 2011 7:17 PM, Jonas Sicking <jo...@sicking.cc> wrote:

wrote:

>> The new API is smaller and simpler. Less to implement and less for web

>> developers to understand. If it can meet all our use-cases without

>> significant performance problems, then it's a win and we should do it.

>> For line-endings, you could have the Blob constructor also take an
optional

>> endings argument:

>> new Blob(String|Array|Blob|ArrayBuffer
data, [optional] String contentType,

>> [optional] String endings);

> I believe (or at least, I maintain) that we're trying to do

> dictionaries for this sort of thing.  Multiple optional arguments are

> *horrible* unless they are truly, actually, order-dependent such that

> you wouldn't ever specify a later one without already specifying a

> former one.

I don't have a super strong opinion. I will however note that I think

it'll be very common to specify a content-type, but much much more

rare to specify any of the other types. But maybe using the syntax

b = new Blob([foo, bar], { contentType: "text/plain" })

Thi

isn't too bad. The other properties that I could think of that we'd

want to add sometime in the future would be encoding for strings,

including endianness for utf16 strings.

/ Jonas