On Wed, 11 Apr 2012 09:29:53 +0200, Jonas Sicking <jo...@sicking.cc> wrote:

I would prefer to expose the port through .source even if we can't get
rid of .ports[0] right now.

I think the longer we wait with removing it, the more legacy will be created that relies on its existence.

The ports property is basically useless
right now except for this one instance and so while I agree that there
might be some confusion in the short term, it doesn't seem like it
would be a compatibility problem, and long term it seems like a win
that authors wouldn't have to worry about the property at all. It
might continue to work if we decide that it's needed for back compat,
but it seems like we eventually would be able to get rid of it given
how new the property still is.

/ Jonas

--
Simon Pieters