Hi Jose,

Thanks for the comments.

Re "the idea is to decouple permissions from APIs": potentially for the Sysapps
WG this will be possible, but currently in DAP and in Webapps if the Web
security model isn't enough (e.g. same-origin and CORS), then any special
considerations are addressed in the API specs themselves. In this case the
ability to invoke the app (wakeup) and receive Push messages when the app is
offline in general (as in the Mozilla proposal) goes beyond the ability of
same-origin and CORS to ensure user protection. Thus the user is prompted at
least once. It's not a perfect solution but at least consistent with what has
been the approach, and usable until we get to a more robust permissions
framework.

Re wakeup as part of an App Manifest: this does not yet apply to Web apps in
general. It does seem useful to consider in the "Web app manifest"
(https://people.mozilla.com/~anarayanan/webapps.html) as proposed to be worked
in Webapps, but again that does not apply (or does not have to be used) for all
Web apps. I suppose one could make the argument that if you expect to be woken
up, the app should be installed, but I think caching also works for that (as
described in the spec as "Examples of cases in which webapps should be
invokable").

Re "distinguish between registering the interest on receiving push messages and
receiving push messages themselves": I am following the Mozilla lead on
registering the intent to receive messages, and also going beyond it with the
actual reception capability, and there are separate interfaces for the two
functions. We don't yet have a generic "intent registration" mechanism for use
here (e.g. based upon the API feature URL concept previously proposed for
Widgets and leveraged in WAC), and we may approach that again in Sysapps (TBD),
but for now I think the APIs need to address both functions.

Re "the possibility of having a queue of pending messages": the spec leaves
this as a MAY for now: "When a Push message is received, the user agent must
deliver the message data via the onmessage handler, if possible. If delivery is
not possible, the user agent may discard the message, or may queue it for later
delivery."

Thanks,
Bryan Sullivan