On 6/18/12 8:34 AM, ext Lachlan Hunt wrote:
On 2012-06-18 13:57, Arthur Barstow wrote:
In the process, I also made a few minor editorial changes to v2 just
to tidy it up.

At this stage, we should be able to publish v1 as a revised CR, or
possibly move it up to PR.

I like the changes Lachlan, especially the new section 6.4.

Although I have argued to the Advisory Committee and Advisory Board the
process should (under certain circumstances) permit a CR to be directly
re-published as a CR, that currently is not possible. Nevertheless, I
think it could be a bit tricky to argue to the Director in this case
that there were no substantive changes (e.g. the new 6.4) so my
recommendation is that we publish a new LCWD with the minimum 3-week
review period (and make sure all of the changes can be reviewed).

OK. Let's get started on that process.

OK, I'll start the CfC for LC today.

Do you or Chaals have the interop data now (and if so, where is it)?
What do you think about going the LC->PR route?

Opera, Firefox, Safari, Chrome and IE all pass 100% of the baseline (HTML/CSS 2.1 selectors) and additional (HTML/Selectors 3) tests.

Firefox, Safari and Chrome also pass 100% of the XHTML/Selectors 3 tests. Opera only passes 99.2% of these and IE only passes 67.7% of these. However, these are additional tests that are not required to declare interoperability of the API, as the failures relate more to XHTML and Selectors support, rather than any particular bug with the API.

http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/selectors-api-testsuite/

Do I need to prepare some kind of formal testsuite report with the results for each test?

Yes, we do need to document the spec has interoperable implementations (and that is typically called the "interop report"). I think we have considerable flexibility on the format of the data. Here are a couple of examples:

* Cam's Element Traversal
<http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/ElementTraversal/index.html>

* Marcos' widget spec
<http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets/imp-report/>

However, with the recent change from NAMESPACE_ERR to SYNTAX_ERR, this test suite will need to be updated with new tests, so this will likely delay PR for a little bit longer.

OK, that's good to know. The LC's status section should include the URI of the interop report although that document can be empty when the LC is published. (I think the status section should also mention the group expects to skip CR and go directly to PR.)

We can also publish v2. as a new WD.

If you want me to start a CfC to publish a new WD of v2, just let me know.

Yes please.

Will do.

-Thanks, Art