On Sep 22, 2012, at 9:35 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <m...@apple.com> wrote:

> On Sep 22, 2012, at 8:18 PM, Brendan Eich <bren...@mozilla.com> wrote:
>

>>> And two of the interfaces are generic and reusable in other contexts.
>>
>> Nice, and DOMRequest predates yours -- should it be done separately since (I
>> believe) it is being used by other proposals unrelated to FileSystem-like
>> ones?
>>
>> Sorry if I missed it and it's already being split out.
>
> Yes, I borrowed DOMRequest. I think DOMRequest and DOMMultiRequest could be a
> separate spec, if that sort of asynchronous response pattern is generally
> useful. And it seems like it might be. That would leave only two interfaces
> specific to the Minimal File System proposal, Directory and FileHandle.

Here's an alternate version where I renamed some things to match Filesystem API
and FileWriter, and added the missing key feature of getting a persistent URL
for a file in a local filesystem (extending the URL interface). It's still a
much simpler API that provides most of the same functionality.

https://trac.webkit.org/wiki/MinimalFileStorageAlternate

Regards,
Maciej