[ My apologies in advance for cross-posting but I'd like feedback from both the WebApps and SysApps communities ... ]

Hi Eric, Adam, WonSuk, All,

During WebApps' Oct 29 discussion about the File: Writer (#Writer) and File: Directories and System (#D&S) specs (#Mins), someone mentioned SysApps was doing some related work. I just scanned SysApps' #Charter and noticed it includes these two related deliverables:

1. File System - I didn't notice any additional information in the charter other than a FPWD is expected in "Q3-Q6".

2. Media Storage - "An API to manage the device's storage of specific content types (e.g. pictures). Examples: Tizen Media Content (#Tizen), B2G Device Storage (#B2G)".

Would some please explain the relationship between these various specs?

In the case of SysApps' Media Storage spec, perhaps it is WebApps' IDB spec that is (more) relevant but that may depend on the UCs of Media Storage so clarification here is also welcome.

(I noticed a somewhat related thread this past summer in #public-sysapps but it appears that was mostly about the applicability (or not) of Web Intents vis-a-vis #1 and #2 above.)

-Thanks, AB

#Writer <http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/file-system/file-writer.html>
#D&S <http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/file-system/file-dir-sys.html>
#Charter <http://www.w3.org/2012/09/sysapps-wg-charter>