On Sun, 25 Nov 2012 22:34:03 +0400, David Bruant <bruan...@gmail.com> wrote:

Le 22/11/2012 18:16, Ms2ger a écrit :
On 11/22/2012 02:01 PM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
TheXHR Editors  would  like to publish a new WD of XHR and this is a
Call for  Consensus to do so using the following ED (not yet using the
WD template) as the basis
<http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/xhr/raw-file/tip/Overview.html>.

Agreement to this proposal: a) indicates support for publishing a new
WD; and b) does not necessarily indicate support of the contents of the WD.

If you have any comments or concerns about this proposal, please reply
to this e-mail by December 29 at the latest.

Positive response to this CfC is preferred and encouraged and silence
will be assumed to mean agreement with the proposal.

I object unless the draft contains a clear pointer to the canonical spec on whatwg.org.
I'm unfamiliar with the W3C process, so sorry if my question is stupid, but why would it be necessary?

It isn't, for the reasons you point out. But it is good manners to make some reasonable acknowledgement of contribution, and therefore considered a requirement in practice.

(I'm unconvinced that this group's time should be spent on the finer nuances of exactly what that text should be and where it should go, but that an acknowledgement is required I consider settled question).

cheers

Chaals

      cha...@yandex-team.ru         Find more at http://yandex.com