On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 2:40 PM, Scott Miles <sjmi...@google.com> wrote:
> In all constructions the *actual* calling of HTMLButtonElement is done by
> the browser.

No, this is not correct. It's the exact opposite :)

In this compromise proposal, the browser isn't calling any of the
constructors. Arv pointed out that since the invention of [[Create]]
override, we don't really need them anyway -- they never do anything
useful for existing HTML elements.

For your custom elements, I can totally see your library/framework
having a convention of calling the super constructor.

I did confuse matters but not putting in the invocation of the
HTMLButtonElement.call.

:DG<