On 2/17/13 10:34 AM, ext Miko Nieminen wrote:
So far I haven't got other feedback than this is fairly good idea and probably should be included in the official API, but is it stillpossible to get this kind of changes included in the API or am I too late with this request? If it is possible to have this change, is there anything I can do to help it getting forward?

I added your request to the IDB feature list <http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/IndexedDatabaseFeatures#Feature_List>.

As I mentioned on www-tag, I think it is too late to add this feature (or any other features) to v1 of the spec but ultimately, that is a discussion for the entire group.

I'm working on reference implementation in Mozilla's codebase and I feel I'm quite close getting the first version working, but I'm hacking it on my free time and I have no previous experience from Mozilla's code so the progress is somewhat slow.

I think reporting your findings on this list would be useful e.g. to understand the benefits/costs of your request.

-AB