>> I'm not sure it matters, I suppose it depends on:
>>
>> a) where the link tag will be allowed to live
>

> You can use <link> anywhere. It might not be valid, but who cares about
> validity :) It works.

Some people :)  why does it have to be invalid when it works.  Lame, no?

>> b) the effects created by including the same link href multiple times in
>> the same doc
>
> No effect whatsoever beyond wasted resources.

Yeah, if a UA mitigated that somehow it would address this pretty well.  It
should be cached the second time i suppose, but there has to be overhead in
re-treating as a fresh request.  Maybe they are smart enough to deal with
that already.