On 13/05/2013 05:34 , Charles McCathie Nevile wrote:
So far I have done nothing at all about an API, and am waiting for some
formal confirmation from people who implement stuff that they would like
to standardise an API for dealing with URLs. It seems to be a common
task, judging from the number of people who seem to have some scrap of
code lying around for it, so I expect to hear people say "Yes, great
idea" - although I have been surprised before.

An API manipulate URLs is a common need, and one that's often done in a buggy manner by libraries. So it's certainly something that I'd like to see happen.