Can you please go into a bit more detail? I've read through the thread, and it
mostly focuses on the details of how a Stream is received from XHR and what
behaviors can be expected - it only lightly touches on how you can operate on a
stream after it is received.
The StreamReader by design mimics the FileReader, in order to give a consistent
experience to developers. If we agree the FileReader has some flaws and we want
to take an opportunity to address them with StreamReader, or an alternative,
then I think that is reasonable. I do agree the API should allow for scenarios
where data can be discarded, given that is an advantage of a Stream over a Blob.
That said, Anne, what is your suggestion for how Streams can be consumed?
Also, apologies for being a bit late to the conversation - I missed the
conversations the past month. I'm now hoping to solicit more feedback and
update the Streams spec accordingly.