On Thu, 2013-10-03 at 09:34 -0400, Arthur Barstow wrote:
> FYI, as Philippe announced a few days ago, the HTMLWG's new charter [1]
> includes DOM4:
>
> [[
> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Sep/0129.html>
>
> The new charter includes:
>
>   * An Dual License experiment for some specifications:
> http://www.w3.org/2013/09/html-charter.html#documentlicense
>   * The addition of the DOM4 specification
> ]]
>
> Re the rationale for moving this spec to HTMLWG, the following
> (unfortunately, Member-only) information was provided to Members:
>
> [[
> <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-members/2013JulSep/0049.html>
>
> The Director made one additional change to this charter as a result of
> discussion: to move the DOM4 specification from the charter of the Web
> Applications Working Group to the HTML Working Group.  The decision is
> the result of several considerations:
>
>   * The DOM4 specification has not been updated by the Web Applications
>     Working Group since December 2012.
>   * The HTML5 specification has a strong dependency on DOM4, so to
>     complete HTML5 on time, we need DOM4 to advance.
>   * At the June AC Meeting [2] we sought input on which specifications
>     could usefully move to the HTML Working Group as part of
>     this experiment. As a result of conversations, it became clear
>     that DOM4 was the primary candidate.
>   * The Chairs of both the HTML Working Group and the Web Applications
>     Working Group have indicated that they support this move.
> ]]
>
> Philippe, Robin, Yves - please clarify if the dual license will apply to
> the HTMLWG's DOM4 spec and the plan for the spec's Editor(s).

Regarding the Document license, the charter should be enough I hope. See
section 8 Document License of the HTML Charter:
[[
The DOM4 specification is also a candidate for the Dual License.
]]
http://www.w3.org/2013/09/html-charter.html

Regarding the plan for spec editor, my current understanding is that the
HTML Chairs will send a call for editors in the HTML Working Group.

>  My
> expectation is that www-dom will continue to be used for DOM4 so please
> confirm that too.

This is also my expectation.

Philippe