I would expect "Poc" (stop, keep 0xd1 for the next data) and "сия"

It can be seen a bit different indeed, while with crypto you expect the finalization of the operation since the begining (but only by computing the latest bytes), here you can not expect the string since the begining of course.

It just depends how the "Operation" (here TextDecoder) handles stop but I find it very similar, TextEncoder closes the operation with the bytes it has and "clone" its state (ie do nothing here except clearing resolved bytes and keeping unresolved ones for data to come).

Regards

Aymeric