On 11/26/13, 1:02 PM, "Marcos Caceres" <w...@marcosc.com> wrote:

>Over the last few weeks, a few of us folks in the Web Mob IG have been
>investigating the use cases and requirements for bookmarking web apps to
>home screen. The output of that research  is this living document:
>http://w3c-webmob.github.io/installable-webapps/
>
>That (ongoing) research is helping to inform the manifest spec. A bunch
>of us have been working together on IRC, twitter, etc. on a new version
>of the manifest spec:
>http://w3c.github.io/manifest/
>
>The Editors would appreciate if people take a look and see if you agree
>with the feature set.

Are there any connections between the new Manifest spec and the
configuration document specified [1] in Packaged Web Apps? Have all of the
attributes that go into a configuration been considered as possible
Manifest members?

Going by the use cases document, there are at least two characteristics
(offline, no navigation bar) that define a standalone app. Are there any
more characteristics that a standalone app should have? Should these be
noted in the spec? Could there be any benefit to enumerating these
characteristics in the manifest? I¹m wondering whether it would be useful
to say that the web app provides a native app UI but still requires the
device to be online.

Thanks,

Alan

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/REC-widgets-20121127/#configuration-document