From: ad...@google.com [mailto:ad...@google.com] On Behalf Of Adam Klein

> This seems orthogonal to bucketing. The IDB transaction deactivation step
> isn't a sort of work that we'd want to bucket (as I argued in my previous
> message, treating this IDB work as a task leads down some bad roads)

Hmm, it seems pretty related to me. In particular if we say that the IDB
microtask bucket always runs after all other microtask buckets, doesn't that
achieve the goals? It's essentially a generalization of your (1), by putting
them into a larger conceptual framework.

More explicitly, it achieves (1) since the last bucket in the microtask list is
essentially "nanotasks". But if we later decided something else needed to run
after IDB (your "picotasks"), then we could demote IDB to second-to-last bucket
without having to overhaul the overall model.