> Does anyone else have input for/against this?

Conceptually, I guess RTF sort of covers the same use cases as HTML. That
doesn't necessarily mean we should not add it.

I don't have "input" as such, but I have a few questions:
Is there any widely used software that writes RTF data to the system clipboard
but *not* HTML?

If there's RTF on the clipboard and you try pasting into a rich text editing
element, does any browser convert RTF to HTML to preserve the formatting?

Did anyone ever write a complete RTF parser in JavaScript? If you could read
raw RTF data off the clipboard, how would you process it? How likely do you
think it is that those who write web editors will go through the efforts and
add code to handle RTF paste?

-Hallvord