On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 5:54 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbar...@mit.edu> wrote:
   var input = document.createElement("input");
   input.value = "file:///etc/passwd";
   var newInput = input.cloneNode();
   newInput.type = "file";

Note that in the above example cloning callbacks would happen after
the cloneNode() call but still before type is being set. So that might
be okay?

Ok, what about this testcase:

  var parent = document.createElement("x-my-element");
  var input = document.createElement("input");
  parent.appendChild(input);
  input.value = "file:///etc/passwd";
  parent.cloneNode(true);

and then in the cloning callback for x-my-element, assuming "newNode" is the clone:

  newNode.firstChild.type = "file";

That seems to me like it would do the type set before the cloning callback for the input runs, right?

-Boris