On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 7:03 PM, Domenic Denicola <d...@domenic.me> wrote:
> My argument is that it's not materially different from existing permissions
> APIs. Sometimes the promise is rejected, sometimes it isn't. (Note that
> either outcome could happen without the user ever seeing a prompt.) The code
> works in every browser---some just follow the denied code path, and some
> follow the accepted code path. That's fine: web pages already need to handle
> that.

But they won't. Once web developers figure out the Secret Sauce to
make it work in browser X and browser X has enough market share,
they'll just add Secret Sauce and require X. And everyone competing
with X will have to add support for Secret Sauce, whether they want to
or not.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/