I've seen this in some specs, and I found the JS code quite difficult to
understand. There's so much subtle behavior you can do, and it's easy to be
"too fancy."

In the example in the color spec, why does undefined become 0 but not null?
Also the properties are actually doubles so there's missing type coercion
in that pseudo code I think.