Brian,

prollyfills seems pragmatic. But what about when the logic of an API changes,
but not the name? The node.replaceWith() API for example is about to be
revamped to cover some edge cases. If the prollyfills exposed
node._replaceWith(), what should it do when the new node.replaceWith() comes?
Expose node._replaceWith2()? This doesn't seem to scale.

But I do see the benefit of prefixing in prollyfills. node.replaceWith() used
to be node.replace(). If we exposed _replace() earlier, we can swap the
underlying function with node.replaceWith() when we release a new version, and
old code immediately benefit from the new API. But over time, prollyfills are
going to accumulate a lot obsolete APIs. Do you think we should use semver to
introduce breaking changes? Or these obsolete APIs should always be there?

And if we are going this route, I think we need blessing from the WG. They have
to promise they will never design an API that starts with the prefix we used.

Let's say we write a prollyfills for the node.replace API. So our lib exposes
node._replace