On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 9:15 AM, Anne van Kesteren <ann...@annevk.nl> wrote:

> According to Art
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/xhr/raw-file/default/Overview.html is no longer
> maintained. It should redirect to https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/
> therefore.

Well, I don't think he said exactly "it's not maintained" - he said:

> According to Art the plan of record is to still pursue
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/xhr/raw-file/default/xhr-1/Overview.html

And you correctly note

> but
> that was last updated more than a year ago. Last "formally" published
> a year and a half ago.

And that is mostly my fault. I intended to keep the W3C fork up to date (at
least up to a point), but at some point I attempted to simply apply Git
patches from Anne's edits to the WHATWG version, and it turned out Git had
problems applying them automatically for whatever reason - apparently the
versions were already so distinct that it wasn't possible. Since then I
haven't found time for doing the manual cut-and-paste work required, and I
therefore think it's probably better to follow Anne's advice and drop the
W3C version entirely in favour of the WHATWG version. I still like the idea
of having a "stable" spec documenting the interoperable behaviour of XHR by
a given point in time - but I haven't been able to prioritise it and
neither, apparently, have the other two editors.
-Hallvord