On 01/10/2016 01:14 AM, Ryosuke Niwa wrote:
Hi all,

This is another feedback from multiple browser vendors (Apple, Google,
Microsoft) that got together in Redmond last Thursday to discuss editing API
and related events.

We found out that all major browsers (Chrome, Firefox, and Safari) fire
composition events for dead keys on Mac but they don't on Windows.  I think
this difference comes from the underlying platform's difference but we think we
should standardize it to always fire composition events for consistent behavior
across platforms.

Does anyone know of any implementation limitation to do this?  Or are there any
reason we should not fire composition events for dead keys on Windows?

- R. Niwa

Does anyone know the behavior on Linux.

What is the exact case you're talking about here? do you have a testcase?

-Olli