Brandon Jones (Google) has made some experimental WebVR Chromium builds that
include support for the HTC Vive VR motion controls.  We would like to propose
this as a standard and update to the GamePad API.

Brandon has started a thread on w3.org <http://w3.org/> that gives some
background:

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2016AprJun/0052.html
<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2016AprJun/0052.html>

The WebVR API 1.0 has already extended the GamePad API by adding a “displayID”
attribute:

https://mozvr.com/webvr-spec/#interface-gamepad
<https://mozvr.com/webvr-spec/#interface-gamepad>

The proposal is to take this further and expose an optional “pose” attribute,
which would return the same attributes within the VRPose:

https://mozvr.com/webvr-spec/#interface-vrpose
<https://mozvr.com/webvr-spec/#interface-vrpose>

Cheers,
 - Kearwood “Kip” Gilbert