It is clear that there are a number of open questions and issues that have held 
up Ballot 190.  I would like to see the work that the validation working group 
did in developing and defining validation methods for Ballot 169 and the work 
the PAG did in sorting out the IP issues get used.  Therefore I would like to 
propose that we split what is currently ballot 190 into two ballots.

The first ballot would amend just BR sections 3.2.2.4.1, 3.2.2.4.2, 3.2.2.4.3, 
3.2.2.4.4, 3.2.2.4.7, 3.2.2.4.8, and 3.2.2.4.9 to insert the validation 
methods.  It does NOT remove 3.2.2.4.11.  This will bring all the methods into 
the BRs as-is yet leave the “Other methods” in place until we sort out the 
issues CAs have identified in implementing .1 to .10.

Then we do a second ballot to address issues CAs have identified and remove 
3.2.2.4.11.

I’m hoping that the first ballot can be passed in time to allow browsers who 
want to require specific policies to reference current BRs rather than a 
specific prior document.

Thanks,
Peter
_______________________________________________
Public mailing list
[email protected]
https://cabforum.org/mailman/listinfo/public

Reply via email to