On behalf of the WebTrust Task Force, we would like to thank the Forum for
taking the time to review the proposed changes to the current version for
WebTrust for Certification Authorities.  We do appreciate the reluctance of the
Forum to approve these changes as the document is not a CABF document.  As it
stands, Ballot 211 has not been endorsed, so we respectfully withdraw our
request to have the Forum approve these changes.  All is not lost, however, as
we will take the feedback provided to us, discuss it at our September WebTrust
Task Force meeting, and work with CPA Canada to approve these changes.  Since
these proposed changes are relevant to public and private CAs, we need to get
these changes into this document.  Our next plan of action is to readdress
these changes with CPA Canada and ask them to approve them.  We will keep you
posted on the status of this document, and expect to have resolution in
September.  Thanks again for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Jeff Ward
WebTrust Task Force Chair

Jeff Ward, CPA, CGMA, CITP, CISA, CISSP, CEH
Office Managing Partner & National Managing Partner Third Party Attestation
Services
314-889-1220 (Direct)    347-1220 (Internal)
314-889-1221 (Fax)
jfw...@bdo.com<mailto:jfw...@bdo.com>

BDO
101 S Hanley Rd, #800
St. Louis, MO 63105
UNITED STATES
314-889-1100
www.bdo.com<http://www.bdo.com>

[BDOC Networking Award]

BDO USA, LLP, a Delaware limited liability partnership, is the U.S. member of
BDO International Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, and forms part of
the international BDO network of independent member firms.

BDO is the brand name for the BDO network and for each of the BDO Member Firms.

IMPORTANT NOTICES

The contents of this email and any attachments to it may contain privileged and
confidential information from BDO USA, LLP. This information is only for the
viewing or use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution
or use of, or the taking of any action in reliance upon, the information
contained in this e-mail, or any of the attachments to this e-mail, is strictly
prohibited and that this e-mail and all of the attachments to this e-mail, if
any, must be immediately returned to BDO USA, LLP or destroyed and, in either
case, this e-mail and all attachments to this e-mail must be immediately
deleted from your computer without making any copies hereof. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify BDO USA, LLP by e-mail immediately.