John and Peter - this issue has actually come up recently - I think you have a
very good idea.

We'll add to our agenda for the next Forum Teleconference call.   Thanks.

Kirk

From: John LaCour [mailto:j...@phishlabs.com]
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2018 2:45 PM
To: questi...@cabforum.org
Cc: pe...@apwg.org
Subject: Directory of abuse reporting contacts for CAs?

Dear CA Representative:

The CA/Browser Forum's Baseline Requirements Section 4.9.3 says in part:

"The CA SHALL provide Subscribers, Relying Parties, Application Software
Suppliers, and other third parties with clear instructions for reporting
suspected Private Key Compromise, Certificate misuse, or other types of fraud,
compromise, misuse, inappropriate conduct, or any other matter related to
Certificates. The CA SHALL publicly disclose the instructions through a readily
accessible online means."

However, we sometimes find it difficult to instructions on how and where to
submit reports to issuing CAs to request certification revocation due to
malicious use.

Would it be possible for the Forum and/or the browser community to create a
list of reporting email addresses for each CA in the browser root programs, and
post the list to an obvious page on the Forum's website, and maybe also on the
CCADB website (Resources tab)?

If for whatever reason, the Forum decides not to make a consolidated listing
available as a public resource, we would be grateful if the CAs would provide
this information directly so that we may provide a consolidated list to the
anti-phishing community via the Anti-Phishing Working Group (APWG).

Also, we would like to make you aware of an APWG program, AmDoS (1) , which
facilitates the suspension of malicious domain names.   The program introduces
a vetting program for reporters to submit takedown requests to participating
domain registries.  This may potentially be a useful model to facilitate
revocation requests between the anti-phishing community and CAs. Better, it is
built and working and ready to update for the Forum's needs.

We thank you in advance for your help in this effort. We look forward to
collaborating with the Forum soon.

Sincerely,

John LaCour

CTO, PhishLabs